This policy aims to manage refunds for students under various conditions in a fair and reasonable manner for any payment made. The refund policy encompasses the time frame and conditions for all forms of refunds. It indicates any non-refundable fee paid (where applicable) and also the status of fees paid should the course be cancelled. The terms and conditions of refund are governed by the PEI-Student Contract agreed upon and entered into between the PEI and the student. Students must pay their fees due as laid out in the PEI-Student Contract and by the date(s) stipulated in the PEI-Student Contract.
1. REFUNDS UNDER VARIOUS CONDITIONS
1.1 Refunds for Withdrawal with Cause:
NLBS shall inform the Student immediately within three (3) working days under the following circumstances:
• it fails, for any reason, to commence the Course on the Commencement Date;
• it terminates the Course, for any reason, prior to the Course Commencement Date;
• it fails, for any reason, to complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
• it terminates the Course, for any reason, prior to Course Completion Date; or
• Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) rejects the Student’s Pass application.
NLBS shall, within seven (7) working days of notifying the student in writing of the above circumstances, provide the student with information and details of the alternative confirmed course arrangement to allow the student to make timely and appropriate decision on the alternative arrangement.
The student shall be entitled to immediately withdraw from the Course by giving written notice to NLBS of his/her intention to do so if NLBS is in breach of any of its obligations under the circumstances in Clause 1.1.
1.2 Refunds for Withdrawal without Cause Where the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those set out in Clause 1.1, the PEI shall after receiving the student’s application for withdrawal (and in any event no more than seven (7) working days after receiving such notice) refund to the student the following sums (less any applicable bank administrative charges):
Amount: The amount of refund is based on when the student’s written notice of withdrawal is received, as indicated below, less any 3rd party charges:
|% of [the aggregate amount of the Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees paid]||If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received|
|[80%]||more than  days before the Course Commencement Date|
|[70%]||before, but not more than  days before the Course Commencement Date|
|[40%]||after, but not more than  days after the Course Commencement Date|
|[20%]||More than  days after the Course Commencement Date, but not more than  days after the Commencement Date|
|[0%]||More than  days after the Course Commencement Date|
Exceptional CircumstancesTime Frame for Refund: Refund is made within 7 working days from effective date of withdrawal (if this is different from date of receipt of notice).
The actual number of days (indicated under “If student’s written notice of withdrawal is received”) may vary based on the date of signing Student Contract with the cooling-off period of 7 working days and the commencement date taken into account. Please refer to the Student Contract for more details.
1.3 Cooling-off Period
NLBS shall provide the student with a cooling-off period of 7 working days after signing the PEI-Student Contract. Within these 7 days and regardless whether the Course Commencement Date has passed, the student can submit written notice of withdrawal to the PEI and receive the Maximum refund amount stipulated by NLBS under Clause 1.2. Any Course Fees consumed by the student will be deducted if the withdrawal date is later than the Course Commencement Date and the student has started the course. Any NLBS administrative charges which are stipulated in the Miscellaneous Fees and any applicable bank administrative charges properly paid might be deducted.
2. Refundable Fee
2.1 Type of refundable fee and conditions:
|Type of Fees||Fee Refundable &Condition (if any)|
|Course Fee (brought over from existing course)||Non-Refundable|
|Student Pass Fee||Non-Refundable|
|FPS Service Fee||If the FPS (Insurance) has not been purchased
If the FPS (Escrow) has not been transferred.
|Teaching Materials Fee||If the materials are in saleable condition.(as judged by the school)|
|Examination Fee||If examination not conducted throughout the course.|
|Medical Insurance||If the Medical Insurance has not been purchased.|
2.2 Dismissed Student
Where a student is terminated for a serious breach of NLBS rules and regulations or breach of Singapore law, there will be no refund of any monies paid.
3. Course Cancellation
3.1 Status of fee paid should any Course be cancelled
In the event that NLBS is unable to deliver the course in full, student will be offered a refund of all the course money which the student has paid to date less the total of consumed amounts he/she incurred for the course. Alternatively, the student may be offered enrolment in a suitable alternative course by NLBS at no extra cost. Student has the right to choose either alternative.
3.2 Conditions under which a Course may be cancelled
• Due to insufficient enrolments (less than 5 enrolments) in five (5) working days prior to the course commencement.
• Due to unforeseen circumstances which include, but is not limited to Act of God.
4. Approved Course Transfer or Withdrawal request
4.1 Approved Course Transfer Request
Refund will be based on the percentage of refund and the required number of days when the student should have given written notice. It is clearly stipulated under the refund policy section in the Student Contract. In the event that no refund is allowed, those fees brought over from existing course to new course will not be entitled for any refund.
4.2 Approved Withdrawal Request
Refund will be based on the percentage of refund and the required number of days when the student should have given written notice. It is clearly stipulated under the refund policy section in the Student Contract. In the event that no refund is allowed, those fees brought over from the existing course to the new course will not be entitled for any refund.
5. Course deferments (e.g. the student is in China and requests to defer his/her admission) are allowed for students who have not collected their Student Pass. A deferment fee is applicable. Deferments are not allowed once the Student Pass has been collected, as there will be a need to cancel the Student Pass. There will be no refund of fees for all deferment cases.
6. Prospective students are briefed on the Refund Policy during pre-course counselling (in China, by the agent, and in Singapore by the Course Consultants / Admin Executive) and later again during the Orientation Program.
7. Full details of the policy are also available on the School’s website, Student Contract and Student Handbook. The policy should be also available in students’ native language where applicable.
8. The orientation checklist requires that students acknowledge the refund policy as explained to them.
9. As part of the annual internal review process, the School will regularly review its refund policy to ensure that it remains fair to students.
10. Discounted/Promotional Course Package For those course packages with promotional price, fee refunds will be based on the actual tuition fee of the module(s).
11. Refund Payment is issued to another party nominated by Student Where a refund payment is issued to another party nominated by student, NLBS shall be deemed to have discharged any obligation in relation to the refund of fees and accepts no responsibility if the student does not receive such refund from the nominated party.
12. Different Types of Payments For those students who have previously made course fee payment by Credit Card or NETs, merchant fee will be deducted if the refund request is approved.
13. Exemptions will be given to the circumstances stated in Clause 1.1. In accordance with the PEI-Student Contract, the refund process will be completed within 7 working days.
14. Refund Payment Mode
For approved request, refund payment will be either by cash, cheque or bank telegraphic transfer. If the student prefers bank telegraphic transfer, any incurred bank charges will be borne by the student.